Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Spring Cleaning!"

I Went Out Antiquing and Found An Old Metal 1940's Sign That Said - "Washing"...Thats All It Took!
My Mind Started With All I Can Do With This,



 'Theme'. My Version of  "Spring Cleaning!"
I Could See Many Things Working Together, Clotheslines, Metal Washtubs, Old Wooden Clothes Pins and All That Would Be Washed...Then The Obsession Started, I Went Home and Started Pulling Together a Collection of Vintage and Antique Items. Quilts and Feather Pillows, Ticking Fabrics, Homespun Aprons, Old Transferware and Ironstone Dishes and Platters...Then to The Drawing Board. I Have an Over All Idea, Now To Make It "Over The Top!"
I Imagined Spring Flowers Starting to Bloom, Tulips, Daffodils and The Smell Of Ivory Soap. Brings Back Memories Of The Days Mom Would Hang Out The Quilts and Blankets Each Spring To Freshen Them Up. My Grandmother Always Used Her Clothesline In The Back Yard When I Was a Child, The Old Fabric Clothes Pin Bag Hung Out All Spring, The Wind Would Blow the Clothes Dry and Leave Them So Fresh and Earthy. I Always Loved The Back Yard at My Grandmother, "MaMa2's", Lots of Moss and Rocks and Every Spring Her Whole Yard Was Covered With Purple Violets-Her Favorite, And Yellow Daffodils Bloomed; Planted So Perfect Around the Bird Bath! This Reminds Me Of Spring...A Few Years Back She Gave Me Her Collection of China Dishes She Cherished So, Violet Pattern. I Will Always Enjoy Using Them Too...They Were Only Used on Easter Growing Up, So On Her Big Birthday I Threw a Dinner Party for All The Family and Used Her "Violet" Dishes To Set The Table...She Was Very Pleased! Commenting On; She Knew I Would Enjoy Using Them More Than Anyone-They Were My Favorite. I Know Now That If You Comment On Anything To Your Grandmother, She Listens and Never Forgets!
Now Back to The Springtime Display...I Gathered Up Blue Glass Canning Jars To Use As Vases, Along With A Trip To The Store...Old Dutch Cleaner, Ivory Bars of Soap, And Old Fashioned Bags of Laundry Soap, Too. Now To Pull It All Together, I Had To Finish Shopping for the Other Things I Just Didn't Have on Hand. A Few Wooden and Metal Washboards To Use as Trays, Old Wire Dish Drainers, A Few More Wooden Clothes Pins Would Complete The Look.
I Went to The Garden Store and Got a Few Forced Bulbs of Tulips to Use in Old Concrete Planters and My Glass Jar Vases,Too. Loaded Up The Car and Went To Create A Feeling of Spring at My Booth...Here's My Version of "Spring Cleaning!"


Many People Have Been Asking Me About Where Do I Sell My Folk Art I Make...Here Are A Few Spots on My Website http://www.jasonparkercouncedesigns.com/ "Look Under Retail Shops,and Also Try http://www.theprimitivegathering.com/ 


This Time of Year I Am Frantically Finishing Up the Orders For My Loyal Shops Across the Country and Here in Nashville Tennessee,Too! Working Late Hours Painting Paper Mache' Easter Eggs; Adorning Them With Old Ribbons and Millinery Flowers. Sewing Up Bunnys of Mohair, Cashmere and Old Cotton Batting... Making Them All Springy and Easter Styles,Too.

Hope Everyone Has A Great Week!
Enjoy-
Jason

4 comments:

  1. Jason, I just love the sign! I also love how you ran with the theme. Great displays, wish I could see them in person. Come visit my blog when you have the time. You will see we have similar tastes! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat post...I wish I could get into your 'Washing' booth and look around! I could find lots of goodies there! Very cute and clever. Your header is way too cute! I adore that big-eyed chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog you have!

    Love this post..such gorgeous photo's!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great theme, you have a fantastic imagination :) can I borrow some of it?

    ReplyDelete