Friday, January 15, 2010

"In All Things Be True!"

In Character, In Manners, In Style, In All Things,
The Supreme Excellence Is Simplicity.
Longfellow 1807-1882


It is a Wonderful Day Today...The Birds Are Singing, The Sun is Shining, and I Have Been Working for Months on My "New Plan" for 2010! When I Said I Wanted to Devote All of My Time and Energy To My Artwork-Folk Art This Year I Meant It...
Today Is an Exciting Time For Me I Am Starting Out Selling My Wares on a Wonderful Website That Focuses on the Handmade. http://www.theprimitivegathering.com/

I am Overwhelmed with Exuberance and Have So Many Thoughts, Ideas and Projects to Work On! I Have Never really Taken the Time To Sit a Moment and Come Up With A Game Plan for My Visions. With Me Stepping Back, Looking at What I "Really" Want to Do Has Been Invigorating.

Last Year I Saw Myself Getting More and More Elated When I Was Creating in My Workshop, My "Folk Art". I Know We All Have a Purpose and Are Here For a Reason...I Think Mine Is To Make People "Smile" When The See My Art! Not For The Money or The Fame...Just For The Excitement of Enjoying A Vision of My Creations. I Always Have Had a Very Vivid Imagination, Now I Want To Put It To Good Use.


I Haven't Felt This Way Since I Showed My Artwork At The First Show I Did in Nashville. I Was So Pleased I Hand Stitched, Painted and Put Together "8 Pieces", Only To Be Bought By The First Person That I Spoke To. I Was In Shock That Someone Wanted The "Whole Collection", Very Humbled and Pleased That I Made Something That Others Appreciated As Much As I Did. It Was So Funny Too; I Still to This Day Remember I Said "I Guess I Am A True Artist Now, I Sold Out and Have Nothing Else For The Show...What Do I Do? Go Home and Make More Now!" So I Stayed Up All Night To Have At Least One Piece for the Rest Of The Weekend Show. Those Were the Days...The Beginning of My Career!

Over the Years I Have Been Very Blessed and Lucky! Back When I Was Just Out Of High School I Started All Of This Creating "Folk Art" Full Time. I Have Sold My Folk Art to Shops Across The Country and Abroad. Being Lucky Enough To Sell My Wares Though The Museum of American Folk Art, Galleries in New York, Hawaii, and California. I Was at That Time Making So Much, Like a Factory That I Got "Burnt Out!" I Chose To Take My Creative Ideas A Different Route For a While, Doing Buying For a Furniture and Gift Shops, Interior Design and Event Planning.


Now I Am Back To My Roots- "Full Circle!"

Thanks For Listening to My Thoughts and Aspirations. I Am So Pleased to Be Doing What I Am Doing with My "Folk Art" That I Had To Share My Thoughts With You Today! Have a Great Weekend and Check Out The New Venture at "The Primitive Gathering!"

Jason



2 comments:

  1. Those dolls are just beautiful Jason!! You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I Really Enjoy Making Beautiful Things...Recycling Old, Odd Items To Make It To The Next Era!

    ReplyDelete