Friday, January 8, 2010

"Todays the First Day to Blog"

Well I Have Been Asked By My Friends and Followers of My "Folk Art", Do You Have a Blog? Now I Can Say I Do... I Am of the Old School Mentality, I Still Talk on the Phone, Handwrite Letters and Say Hello to Strangers I Might Pass Along the Way!
This Year is A New Beginning for Me. I Have Decided to Focus on My Artwork, Antique and Craft Shows...Along With the Shops I Sell To! I Have to Face It; This Is My True Passion is To Create! I Have a Very Vivid Imagination and Ideas That I Have to Express; Through My "Folk Art" and Holiday Creations.
I Was So Excited to Find My Inspiration for this Spring Line in the Most Unusual Way. I was Out "Junk" Shopping When I Saw this Pile of Quilts (Always My Weakness), Looking Closer I Saw Some Indigo Blue Fabric That Was Like A Beacon. I Pulled it Out of the Stack and To My Surprise it was an 1800's Denim and Ticking Quilt of Red, Tan and Blue. That Was Exciting Enough But When I Looked at the Back I Flipped Out...It Was a Handloomed Linen/Hemp Stripe of CoCoa Brown and Robins Egg Blue-Green, I Saw the Whole Look Right Then! I Was Worried About the Price, So I Asked and Could Get It! I Saw The All "Natural" Look for My New Line to Start Off 2010!
I Have Been Working for Weeks Hand Dying Fabrics, Sewing Bunnys, Birds, Mushroom, Knomes...Painting Bases and Paper Mache' Eggs. This Season I Have Done the Easter Eggs With Old Ribbons and Millinary Flowers That Open Up to Hide Candy or a Present In, So Vintage Looking!
I Will Be Doing The Antiques at Music Valley Show in Nashville TN. at The Tennesse State Fairgrounds February 11-13th 2010. Check Out www.musicvalleyantiquesmarket.com
Thursday 6 p.m.- 9 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
My Dear Friend Billy Phillips of "Phillips General Store" in Bell Buckle TN. is Going to Be Doing the Show With Me...We Both Have Been Collecting Many Wonderful Folk Art Pieces,Antiques, Primitives, Textiles, Garden and Vintage Holiday, Too! Just For This Show.
Well The Birds Are Singing Outside My Window, Just a Good Sign That This Small Winter Snow We Had This Week is Going and The Spingtime Weather Will Follow. Have a Great Weekend and I Look Forward to Blogging This New Year! Jason

4 comments:

  1. Jason,

    I met you in Gas Lamp today while my mother and I were browsing. I was so excited to see your wonderful things. In fact I am so mad at myself for not getting that Rosemary tree....sigh. My next day off is next Tuesday and if its still there its mine ;) I was equally as excited to see that Phillips GS will be exhibiting with you! I ADORE that place! Feb 11th is my mothers birthday and we decided that we are going to dinner and heading over to the show to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey
    I Am So Glad To Hear You Will Be Attending the Music Valley Antique Show! You And Your Mom Will Have So Much Fun, Stop By and See Me and Billy. Have a Great Week and If You Want The Rosemary Topiary I can Hold it For You,Too!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you really?? That would be wonderful!! I can pick it up on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey
    I Went Yesterday, Bright and Early To The Booth and The Faux' Rosemary Topiary Sold Before I Held it for You, I Do Appologize, I Will Try To Get Another One for You!!!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete